2 sweet potatoes, peeled (I rarely peel any vegetable), roughly chopped, steamed, mashed and cooled. You will need 14 tablespoons of this for the falafel. Use the left overs for fritters- add grated zucchini, mix and fry or spread for wrap and sandwich fillings.
- A handful of coriander, include the roots and stalks; chopped
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds ( or powder)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons Yummee Gluten Free LSA
- 2 x 400g tins of organic chick peas, well rinsed and drained about 100g white or black and white sesame seeds to coat
I follow a low Fodmap diet but feel free to add garlic, chilli or whatever you fancy into the mix.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan)
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the chick peas and sesame seeds into a blend and mix. You can also do this by hand.
- Mix until combined and smooth
- Add the chick peas and blend but still keep the mix a bit chunky
- Tip sesame seeds onto a plate
- Use a spoon, a dessert spoon is good, to measure out the falafel mix. Use wet hands to roll them into balls. It is easier to dollop the spoonfuls our first, then roll into balls, then coat with the seeds